MissingX Terms & Conditions
MissingX AS and its subsidiaries MissingX UK Ltd and MissingX Sweden Filial are the world’s leading provider of digital solutions for management of lost property.
On missingx.com, members of the public can register their lost items and submit inquiries to various organisations and lost property offices.
We at MissingX do not hold lost property. We are the software provider to connect you with locations where lost property is held.
The short and sweet:
By using our sites and services, you accept our terms and conditions
- By registering with us, you grant us permission to store and process your personal data, and to pass it on to relevant organisations and lost property offices which may have found or find your lost item
- It is completely FREE to search, register your account, and register lost items on missingx.com
- Our paid service MissingX Universal Specialist is optional and available for only certain locations. See the section MissingX Universal Specialist below for more information.
- By purchasing a shipping service from us, you also accept the terms and conditions of the chosen shipping provider, and grant us permission to process and pass on your data to relevant parties to fulfill your order
- Our purpose is to reunite people with their lost property, and to help with police reports, insurance claims, and similar processes when items cannot be found
- You’re in control of your personal data. You can delete your user account on missingx.com at any time however keep in mind that your data may have been passed on as described above.
These Terms apply to your use of this Website. By using this Website, you accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this Website if you disagree with any of these Terms.
Minors or people below 18 years old are not allowed to use this Website.
The Website and its original content (excluding Content provided by users), features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of MissingX and its licensors. The Website is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both Norway and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of MissingX.
When you register with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Website.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Website and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Website or a third-party service.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
Our Website allows you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material ("Content"). You are responsible for the Content that you post to the Website, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness.
By posting Content to the Website, you grant us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Website. You retain any and all of your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Website and you are responsible for protecting those rights. You agree that this license includes the right for us to make your Content available to other users of the Website, who may also use your Content subject to these Terms.
You represent and warrant that:
- the Content is yours (you own it) or you have the right to use it and grant us the rights and license as provided in these Terms, and
- the posting of your Content on or through the Website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Website ("Purchase"), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information.
You represent and warrant that:
- you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that
- the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete.
By submitting such information, you grant us the right to provide the information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Purchases.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for certain reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order or other reasons.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorised or illegal transaction is suspected.
MissingX Universal Specialist
By making a Purchase of our MissingX Universal Specialist service through the Website you accept that the the sale is final. Once the order has been processed you cannot cancel or change it. Certain cancellation and refund requests may be considered by MissingX on a case-by-case basis and granted in sole discretion of MissingX.
We make no promises or guarantees about finding or being reunited with your item. We at MissingX do not handle lost property physically. Our MissingX Universal Specialist service consists of a profesional review of your lost item registration, applying our industry knowledge to try to help you increase the chance of getting your item back. We may in some cases be able to search among found items registered by our clients. By placing your order with us, you confirm that you have understood and accepted these terms.
By making a Purchase of a shipping service through the Website you accept the terms and conditions of all applicable courier services, postal services, and shipping solution providers (“Shipping Provider”).
We reserve the right to charge you additional fees applied by the Shipping Provider in accordance with their terms and conditions.
Once your order is processed you cannot cancel, change, or amend it. Certain cancellation and refund requests may be considered by MissingX on a case-by-case basis and granted in sole discretion of MissingX.
Any fees, taxes, or issues in regard to customs clearance (when applicable), are fully your responsibility as the recipient and owner of the item(s) shipped.
Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall MissingX, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from:
- your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Website;
- any conduct or content of any third party on the Website;
- any content obtained from the Website; and
- unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Norway, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Norway for the resolution of any disputes.
Your use of the Website is at your sole risk. The Website is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. The Website is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
MissingX, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that:
- the Website will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location;
- any errors or defects will be corrected;
- the Website is free of viruses or other harmful components; or
- the results of using the Website will meet your requirements.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Website after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Website.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms, please contact us via email@example.com.
All Help Articles
- Adding the right details
- Found an Item
- How to Change your Password
- Claiming a found item as yours
- How to Create an Account
- How to Delete your Account
- Registering a lost item
- How to Reset your Password
- Searching among found items
- Updating your lost item registration
- Lost Property on Trains in Norway
- Lost Property on Trains in the United Kingdom
- MissingX Terms & Conditions
- Quick Tour of MissingX
- Technical Support from MissingX
- Waiting for a response
- When you cannot place your shipping order
- Contacting a Lost Property Office
- MissingX Parcel - How to order shipping
- Shipping with MissingX